2018 Industry of the Year is Awarded to Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
LEDA recognizes Industry of the Year at 2018
Lincoln County –Lincoln Economic Development Association (LEDA) annually presents the Industry of the Year award at the Lincolnton-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. With the purpose of promoting and highlighting the contributions and exemplary corporate citizenship of Lincoln County’s existing industries, the Lincoln Economic Development Association proudly recognized Robert Bosch Tool Corporation as its 2018 Industry of the Year.
Selected by the Lincoln Economic Development Association Board of Directors based upon four criteria: a positive impact in Lincoln County, involvement in the community, a leader in their field with a positive performance record and a high standard of conduct. This year, Bosch stood out for their contributions to the community and ongoing economic commitment to Lincoln County.
Bosch committed investments of nearly $30 million in the past two years to their North American market with much of that investment going to their Lincoln County location, adding two new highly automated production lines and bringing manufacturing back to the Lincolnton facility. This move has created over 140 new jobs in Lincoln County which brings their employee count to over 400.
Bosch is an active participating member of LEDA, the Industrial Manager’s Association and the Chamber of Commerce. For four years now, The Bosch Community Foundation has granted $50,000 annually to local non-profits specializing in STEAM education and donated over $20,000 in funds and hundreds of volunteer hours to local organizations. This year’s contributions in Lincoln County include:
- Platinum Sponsor of The American Cancer Society Relay For Life.
- Junior Achievement volunteers and Bowl-a-Thon teams.
- United Way of Lincoln County
- Christian Ministry of Lincoln County
- Lincoln County Rotary
- Lincoln County Schools GEMS (Girls Excelling in Math & Science) Club sponsor and volunteers.
- Partnership with Lincoln County Schools by donating time and resources to encourage youth to follow the STEAM career paths by being a part of manufacturing plant tours and the Edge Factor program.
- A community business partner with East Lincoln Middle School in providing volunteers to provide testing proctors during the annual EOG process, funding for ELMS’ Robotics Program, and funds to assist with the school’s Angel Tree to provide students with Christmas gifts and turkeys for the holidays.
- For 25 years Bosch has partnered with Salem Industries by providing work opportunities to their associates. A new endeavor is planned with Salem Industries as Bosch intends to bring a team in-house to support their packaging operations. Additionally, Bosch provides a Thanksgiving celebration to Salem Industries associates which is a 25-year running tradition.
David Lee, the Lincolnton facility Director of Robert Bosch Tools, gave credit to his over 400 fellow associates and thanked LEDA and Lincoln County for all their support.
LEDA’s Existing Industry Manager, John Dancoff, praised the winner, “David Lee and his team are always willing to step up whenever called upon for local projects, working with the schools, and workforce development.”
Joe Lampron, LEDA’s Chair of the Board, presented the award and praised Bosch for their outstanding growth and commitment to the community.
Lincoln Economic Development Association recognizes and celebrates with Lincoln County the contributions made by this respectable corporate citizen. Robert Bosch Tools has served Lincoln County well in all categories and is certainly well deserving of this year’s Industry of the Year Award.